Dubai is a tourist hub for numerous activities and places to see. One of the activities that have become synonymous to Dubai is the desert Safari. No trip to Dubai is complete without having the experience of a desert Safari.
What is desert safari all about?
A desert safari takes you in the middle of the desert. It is akin to a roller coaster ride where you go up and down the sand dunes. There are many tour operators offering the exciting desert safari experience. Only 4×4 Land Cruisers can go through those sand dunes and offer you an experience for the lifetime. They are operated by licensed, professional drivers. Safari expeditions are lot of fun and you get a chance to encounter the real beauty of desert. While on the trip you get an opportunity to click photographs and admire your lovely surroundings. You can opt for sand dune bashing or avoid it too; it depends on your preference.
Kinds of Desert Safari Packages
There are so many different kinds of tour packages offered by Muthaiga Travel. Few of the popular desert safari packages are:
- Desert Safari with BBQ Dinner,
- Overnight Desert Safari,
- Dune Buggy Safari,
- Morning desert safari etc.
Common activities in the camp
An evening desert safari generally starts during late afternoon. On the way there are quite a few photo-stops before they reach the final destination which is either a camel farm or a camp site. Breaks are taken to view the beautiful sunset. You can opt for camel ride, sand boarding or quad biking as well. Later in the evening have a sumptuous barbecue dinner and shisha (the famous Arabic water pipe). Most of the camps have a ‘pay per drink‘bar (not applicable during the months of Ramadan). You can even enjoy belly dancing by famed Arabic dancers. Other activities included (depending upon the package) are hot air ballooning, dune climbing, sand skiing etc.
Safety Measures in a reputed Desert Safari package
- Dubai Safari drivers are professionals with experience and a valid license.
- Drivers are also fully trained in First Aid.
- The cars are equipped with a roll cage which safeguards the occupants in event of any accident, especially in event of a roll-over.
- Wearing car seat belts is mandatory.
- Usually 4×4 Land Cruisers are used which are safe.
- The cars and the passengers in the car are insured against any kind of mishap