About Indian Ocean Beach Resort
Built next to the site of a 16th century mosque, the Indian Ocean Beach Resort is set in 29 acres of nature’s gardens on a crisp white sandy beach; the perfect setting to relaxing escapes. Surrounded by ancient baobab trees and swaying palms, a definite sense of history also lingers around this property, with the influence of the Sultans of Zanzibar felt in the hotels rich Arabian décor and the various antiques that dot the interiors. The chandelier in the reception lobby is particularly noteworthy for its authenticity: it was gifted to the Sultan by British traders.
The resort is located in Diani Beach South coast of Mombasa and is 50km from Moi International Airport and only 9km from the Ukunda Airstrip.
The Indian Ocean Beach Resort was opened in 1992, as an exclusive luxury resort. It was closed for refurbishment late 2013 and is set for reopened end of March 2015.
- Situated along the white sandy beaches of south coast surrounded by swaying coconut palm trees and magnificent old stoic baobabs.
- Diani Beach , South Coast of Mombasa
- 40 kms from the Likoni Ferry
- 900mto Leisure Lodge Golf Club
- 1.6km to Nakumatt Diani Shopping Mall
- 45 mins drive to the Wasini Island